Things to see and do around Cheyenne
- Curt Gowdy State Park: Fish, hike, mountain bike on a great trail system and camp just 23 miles west of Cheyenne
- Curt Gowdy Trail map
- Frontier Days Old West Museum: A five-minute walk from the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens
- Vedauwoos! Hike, rock climb, x-c ski, mountain bike and explore the beautiful Vedauwoo area in the Medicine Bow National Forest just 30 minutes west.
- Wyoming State Museum: Wonderful ever-changing collections – free admission!
- Historic Governor’s Mansion: Located in Cheyenne
- Nelson Museum of the West: Downtown Cheyenne
- Cheyenne Depot Museum: Historic interpretation of the railroads
- Cheyenne Frontier Days: Ten days of music, rodeo, carnival, parades and more.
- Visit Cheyenne: comprehensive guide to attractions, accommodations and restaurants.
- Cheyenne as described in Wikipedia
- Wyoming tourism guide
- Medicine Bow’s Snowy Range 1.5 hours west of Cheyenne, skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, camping in an alpine paradise. Always snowballs in summer!
Snowy Range west of Cheyenne
Visit other regional Public Botanic Gardens
Denver, CO: Denver Botanic Gardens
Fort Collins, CO: Gardens at Spring Creek
Littleton, CO: Hudson Gardens
Vail Colorado: Betty Ford Alpine Gardens
Steamboat Springs, CO: Yampa River Botanic Park
Grand Junction, CO: Western Colorado Botanical Gardens
Montrose, CO: Montrose Botanical Gardens